Re: [Recentattendees] Background on Singapore go/no go for IETF 100

2016-05-26 00:37:34
On 5/25/16 3:21 PM, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ wrote:
We can have the meeting in Singapore and at the same time, have an
explicit message to the authorities, press, etc., explaining what
enforced to have this discussion and why we will not come back to
Singapore and other countries if the laws aren’t changed. We can even
have a press release explaining it during the meeting. It is a much
better opportunity to create the noise, specially if authorities come
to the meeting.

This is a good suggestion, and if the decision is made
to go to Singapore despite the obvious problems, this
really needs to be done.

That said, we'll still be talking about diversity rather
than adapting our own behavior and processes to improve
our own situation, and, as the poet says, talk is cheap.
But, it's something.

Melinda