Re: IAOC -- looking for committee volunteers

2016-07-20 08:34:30
On 7/20/2016 2:41 PM, Adam Roach wrote:
On 7/20/16 14:15, Dave Crocker wrote:
My own view is that diversity in small groups is best served merely by
making sure that various members really are different in almost any
variety of interesting and meaningful ways.

It's not clear to me whether you're asserting that this is presently
true on IAOC committees.

I meant it as a general rule.

  Your example ("For example, I think that's why
the other members continue to put up with my own participation...")
implies on its face that you think it is, but I can't tell whether
that's tongue-in-cheek or earnest.

Sorry, that was a little bit flip. I'm often expressing a minority perspective in the group, but not always without effect on the decisions...

The raw white/male and-mostly-American statistic is entirely accurate and it would certainly be a Good Thing for the group to obtain more diversity of membership. Hence the solicitation.

d/
--

   Dave Crocker
   Brandenburg InternetWorking