Re: multihoming, was IPv10

2016-12-29 21:16:35
On 30/12/2016 15:47, John Levine wrote:
In article <m2poka5e9p(_dot_)wl-randy(_at_)psg(_dot_)com> you write:
We do have the technology to provide a CERT to every customer.  See
SIDR.

see frequent residential address reassignment

That's not really a problem, since vanishingly few resi customers are
multihomed.  The problem occurs with customers who are big enough to
be multihomed but not so big that they have a staff that knows all
of the magic of BGP and expensive routers.

Which is exactly why we have to make multi-prefix multihoming work
out of the box. Which is why we have RFC 7157 and RFC 8028
and draft-ietf-rtgwg-dst-src-routing, and we're not done yet.

   Brian