Re: multihoming, was IPv10

2016-12-31 13:46:39
On 01/01/2017 01:22, Stewart Bryant wrote:

On 31/12/2016 07:54, Octavio Alvarez wrote:
Is source routing bad in general or is it bad only in multihoming scenarios?

Thanks.

When called segment routing it is accepted as a useful technology for
well defined problems of this type.

Please be careful with terminology, though. In the multihoming context, we
aren't
talking about source routes set by the host. We're talking about source-address
based routing implemented by the routers; there is no source route in the
packet.
That's why it's usually abbreviated as SADR.

In segment routing, there is a source route in the packet. Different animal.

     Brian