Re: multihoming, was IPv10

2016-12-31 15:38:11
Segment Routing is as much source routing as RSVP-TE would be, there’s no per
hop SA lookup, but rather per FEC (that could be a SA) at the ingress.
Ability to abstract next hop into higher layer, locally resolvable entity
(adj-sid -> node->sid -> anycast-sid -> etc) provides a rather viable from a
network design and implementation way to have end2end networking while
utilizing local state.

Cheers,
Jeff

On 12/31/16, 04:22, "ietf on behalf of Stewart Bryant"
<ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org on behalf of
stewart(_dot_)bryant(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:

    On 31/12/2016 07:54, Octavio Alvarez wrote:
    > On 12/30/2016 02:20 PM, Masataka Ohta wrote:
    >
    >> I wrote:
    >>
    >>      https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ohta-e2e-multihoming-00
    >>
    >> in April 2000 and I know it is stupid to use source routing for
    >> multihoming.
    > Is source routing bad in general or is it bad only in multihoming
scenarios?

    > Thanks.

    When called segment routing it is accepted as a useful technology for
    well defined problems of this type.

    - Stewart