Re: multihoming, was IPv10

2016-12-30 16:21:00
Michel Py wrote:

Brian E Carpenter wrote :
Which is exactly why we have to make multi-prefix multihoming work out of the
box. Which is why we
have RFC 7157 and RFC 8028 and draft-ietf-rtgwg-dst-src-routing, and we're not
done yet.

We have missed the delivery date by 14 years.

I wrote:

        https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ohta-e2e-multihoming-00

in April 2000 and I know it is stupid to use source routing for
multihoming. So, never deliver it.

All we need is transport/application layer capability to treat
multiple source and destination addresses and implementations
of such TCP has been available since 2003 or so, more than 14
years ago.

                                                        Masataka Ohta