Re: IPv10 (Temp. name IPmix) (draft-omar-ipv10-00.txt).

2016-12-30 14:56:29
On 30 Dec 2016, at 21:08, Brian E Carpenter wrote:

Please be more specific. What doesn't work that you want to work? And which of
those things will not be addressed by homenet?

Is SLAAC+NDP, DHCPv6+NDP or DHCPv6-PD to be used for prefix allocation?

Or something else?

I am pretty sure Homenet is working on this.

But that is exactly my point when I say that IPv6 must be *really* ready the
day when people will ask for it.

And when I say we should use the fact we do have some time to refine the
specifications, implementations and deployment so that we are ready when CPEs
start to really implement IPv6 in whatever way Homenet is specifying.

   paf