Re: IPv10 (Temp. name IPmix) (draft-omar-ipv10-00.txt).

2016-12-31 18:26:00
Android users can complain to whoever it is that supports Android.
for some silly reason, my customers don't think they pay me for
blame shifting.  they just want things to work.
Yes. So not implementing DHCPv6 might be a self-defeating decision
by an operating system developer, don't you think?

the developer in question is an ipv6 purist.  shooting himself in the
foot and the customers at the same time.  it's an ipv6 tradition.

and, let me repeat for the fourth time, enterprises of scale use dhcp
to drive clients to the desired exit.
Excuse my ignorance, but which DHCP options does that involve?

code 3 in v4, router option.  folk use it to cause subsets of the space
to take different exits.

dhcp6 does not let them do that.  without feature parity we don't get
to play.
Which is why I think RFC 8028 has value.  It's intended to support
exit selection via first-hop selection.

that is not feature parity.  that is yet one more ipv6 'feature' that is
just different for religious reasons.  instead of giving the customer
what they want, we invent shiny new stuff and wonder why they walked
away.  it must be that they are stupid.

randy