Re: IPv10 (Temp. name IPmix) (draft-omar-ipv10-00.txt).

2016-12-31 22:37:28
However (see above) I baiscally agree with you. When MIF was first
proposed I said "all we really need is a default router per prefix"
and IMNSHO that's still true.

you would think it was simple; absolutely maximize any and all feature
and configuration parity between dhcp4 and dhcp6.  between managing a
v4 an a v6 (and mixed) network in general.  but no, it goes against the
religion, the religion that has further slowed what was a designed-in
transition hell.

instead of giving the customer what they want, we invent shiny new
stuff and wonder why they walked away.  it must be that they are
stupid.
Hardly, but they are sometimes a bit set in their ways. Change costs
money.

somehow, the ipv6 religion seems to make normally sensible folk immune
to the perception of 'customer.'

randy, who lost blood fighting idiocy such as NLA/TLA