RE: IPv4 outage at next IETF in Chicago

2017-01-25 08:49:43
Yes, it wasn't clear to me whether this was experimentation, punishment,
torture, or hair-shirt.

If the purpose is experimentation, I urge you to experiment with willing
participants. Entice, don't coerce.

It could be very valuable to set up various v6-only networks with different
tools and methodologies, and invite us all to try them out. This would be best
done with some feedback mechanisms (a simple form showing, OS and version,
applications, experiences?) and might show that at future IETFs we could run
specific networks.

Adrian

Coercion is becoming an essential part of the US's new political
paradigm, but the IETF is an international organization and needn't
embrace it.