Re: IPv4 outage at next IETF in Chicago

2017-01-25 09:45:11
On 25 Jan 2017, at 6:49, Adrian Farrel wrote:

It could be very valuable to set up various v6-only networks with different
tools and methodologies, and invite us all to try them out.

At IETF meetings over the past few years, I have seen various SSIDs that indicate v6-only and v6-with-some-protocol, so I think we already do that.

This would be best
done with some feedback mechanisms (a simple form showing, OS and version, applications, experiences?) and might show that at future IETFs we could run
specific networks.

At IETF meetings over the past few years, I have not seen reports to the IETF community about these networks.

Franck: Organizing such feedback mechanisms would be *very* helpful to those of us who might support more emphasis on those technologies in the nearer future. I wouldn't be so resistant to using such a network if I knew what to look for.

Others: if you want to see this experiment succeed, maybe gamify it a bit and offer small prizes at the Bits-and-Bytes for the most successful experience on these nets and the most humo(u)rous failures found.

--Paul Hoffman