Re: If categories of people are blocked by the U.S., should the IETF respond?

2017-01-29 21:38:15
On 1/29/17 4:39 PM, Dave Crocker wrote:
The folk at the head of the current administration don't care about such
statements.  But perhaps others who can effect change might.

Right, including our congressional representatives.  There is
likely to be a legislative response to what the administration
is trying to do, and if industry bodies speak up that can
provide them additional support and cover, I think.

I do think that issuing both IETF-only and joint statements
with other organizations would be a good thing.

Melinda