Re: If categories of people are blocked by the U.S., should the IETF respond?

2017-01-30 20:16:07

On 1/30/17 3:37 PM, Randy Bush wrote:
Statements just make the speakers feel good. It's a form of
virtue signalling and it does not actually change anything
tangible.
qed?

  Does saying "fascist hateful acts" make you feel better? It certainly
accomplishes nothing except to signal your virtue to everyone. In fact I
see things like this:

 "but there will soon be violations of rights and sanity which are not so
obvious to the general public, but will be in the internet community's
domain.  the internet community will need all the energy and resources
we can muster to deal with those directly on our turf."

as contemporary updates on the examples George Orwell gave in his
seminal work "Politics and the English Language" [1] where he described
"prose [that] consists less and less as /words/ chosen for the sake
of their meaning, and more and more of /phrases/ tacked together like
the sections of a prefabricated hen-house."

  Dan.

[1] http://www.orwell.ru/library/essays/politics/english/e_polit/