Re: If Muslims are blocked by the U.S., should the IETF respond?

2017-01-30 10:54:18
On 1/30/17 7:30 AM, Randy Bush wrote:
but sadly, i do not think the ietf has the guts and the vision to even
do what an organization such as the iacr, crypto assn which has long
experience with real politik etc. has done, [ ... ]

Over the years it has become clear that being a consensus-oriented
organization with a diverse participation makes it impossible for
the IETF to make statements like this.  It would need to come from the
chair, the IAB chair, or the I*.  (Yes, I think this is a problem)

Melinda