Re: If Muslims are blocked by the U.S., should the IETF respond?

2017-01-29 09:56:46

Note also that the executive order affects US-based people: if they leave

the country (for a meeting or otherwise) they may be barred from re-entry.
So it's not just US-based meetings that raise issues.

It was brought up in the original message which started this conversation to
think of remote hubs for the participants who cannot attend Chicago.    I think
that is an urgent topic.   Have I missed messages regarding that?
I know that Dawit Bekele runs an IETF-Africa list.   Should we bring up the
topic of remote hubs for those countries on that list?
To address the point that Rich brought up, we may also want to start more
remote hubs in the United States.   I believe the one in Boston has meetups all
year.   We may want to start more of those in other areas.   I have a feeling
that we may very well need to be working with each other closely in the next
few years.
Nalini