Re: If Muslims are blocked by the U.S., should the IETF respond?

2017-01-31 02:35:26
Hi Jari

inline:

On Mon, Jan 30, 2017 at 8:39 PM, Jari Arkko
<jari(_dot_)arkko(_at_)piuha(_dot_)net> wrote:

I wanted to update people a bit on effects and numbers.

Adam had given earlier in this thread a list of affected
people from past meetings. I run my own script on the
attendee data though, and (I think) took into account
who was actually on site. Out of the seven countries
on the list, we’ve not had a single attendee on site from
the beginning of the full records at IETF #80.

Obviously, that doesn’t make it right. Also,
the registration data is still based on the country or
region that people given when they register. And
you can only enter one value.

Just a clarification: some affected folks may not appear on such data as
is, since the IETF registration form asks for "country of residence" and
has only one field as "country of citizenship"; most people with dual
citizenship would have entered the country of citizenship that they thought
would have made it easier to get visa based on (since it's noted in the
IETF invitation letter for visa application) or even be exempted from visa.
The second nationality would have only appeared on the visa application
form used at the embassy and not in the IETF data.

I’m aware of at least two people (Kaveh and Naeem)
who have dual citizenships for instance, and they are
sadly affected. There’s likely some more. If you are
affected and planning to attend future IETF meetings,
drop me an e-mail.

Jari

Cheers,
Naeem