Re: The CIA mentions us

2017-03-09 14:36:29
Up-leveling a bit from the discussion of best practices for surveillance
organisations and virus builders (who apparently are partly the same
crowd). We can make some more general observations, I think,
maybe a bit more relevant for the rest of us.

I don’t think the reported findings are particularly surprising. But
they seem to support what I think we knew already:

1. Security isn’t a single feature, but needs to be thought in terms
of the whole. Comms security and devices and ...

2. There is no such thing as privileged access to the good guys. It
will leak / break / be shared.

3. Secretly held vulnerabilities make us all less safe.

4. The security of our communications and applications matters a
lot. Lives are at stake, not just your browsing history.

Jari