Re: The CIA mentions us

2017-03-10 16:53:24
Ted,

On Mar 10, 2017, at 1:46 PM, Ted Lemon <mellon(_at_)fugue(_dot_)com> wrote:

The one thing I wish you'd mentioned in this blog, but did not, is a point
someone made earlier on this thread: that the fact that the CIA needs to hack
individual devices to bypass end-to-end encryption means that what we are
doing in promoting encryption is effective and worth doing: rather than
everybody's communications being vulnerable, individuals must now be targeted.

I think that’s a good point.

To expand what you said, these tools are for targeted attacks, not mass
surveillance.  Encryption continues to be a strong protection against mass
surveillance.

Bob