Re: yet more DMARC stuff, was Re: Mailing list membership.

2017-03-13 14:47:26
On Mon, Mar 13, 2017 at 08:14:12PM +0100, Carsten Bormann wrote:

On 13 Mar 2017, at 18:43, John R Levine <johnl(_at_)taugh(_dot_)com> wrote:

You can complain about how stupid they are or you can upgrade your mail
system to use authentication methods that have been IETF standards for a
decade and get your mail delivered.  Your choice.

The most likely outcome is that local admins will �upgrade" our mail system
by turning off IPv6.  (We have had IPv6 deployed for some 18 years now.)

That's my approach at present:

    $ postconf -Mf smtp/unix
    smtp       unix  -       -       y       -       -     smtp
        -o inet_protocols=ipv4

--
        Viktor.