Re: yet more DMARC stuff, was Re: Mailing list membership.

2017-03-13 15:22:53
In your letter dated 13 Mar 2017 18:43:21 +0100 you wrote:
Nor is gmail, which also requires that incoming IPv6 mail be authenticated
with SPF or DKIM.  They know what they are doing, and they have decided
that the amount of legit mail they will lose by doing this is
insignificant compared to the improvement in the amount of spam and
malware they will be able to filter.

That's not correct, unless gmail made an exception for my home mail server.

Getting mail delivered to gmail over IPv6 works most of the time without
ever setting up SPF or DKIM. Gmail does seem to be the single most
unreliable mail server that I know of, mostly due to their attempts
to be more strict on IPv6.

What gmail does require is reverse DNS for IPv6.