Re: IAOC requesting input on (potential) meeting cities

2017-03-31 10:42:36
Hi,

On Mar 31, 2017, at 9:18 AM, IAOC Chair <iaoc-chair(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
wrote:

The IAOC remains committed to soliciting input on future IETF meeting
locations. With this mail, we are soliciting input on some potential IETF
locations, including one where we have met before, but for which conditions
may have changed.

Specifically, we seek community input on reasons we could not have a
successful meeting in any of the following cities, or of any limits to
attendee accessibility or inclusiveness that should be considered:

Ottawa
San Francisco
Austin, TX
Barcelona
Boston
Busan
Calgary
Denver
Helsinki
Houston
New Orleans
Osaka
Philadelphia
Washington DC

I have no issue with any of the cities above for future meeting sites, but I
agree with the views that deferring future meetings in the US is prudent given
the visa/entry issues.  We can have successful meetings in Canada or other
places in North America.

Note, in picking venue locations in North America outside of the US, it
important to pick locations that don’t require transit in the US.  In the list,
I think Ottawa is fine, but not sure about Calgary.

Bob

Please send input to venue-selection(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org. It will help the
review process if the Subject line had the name of the city first, Subject:
<city>.

As a reminder, venue-selection(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org is a dropbox e-mail
address: its archive is publicly visible, but subscription is not available.

Thanks,
Leslie, for the IAOC.