Re: IAOC requesting input on (potential) meeting cities

2017-03-31 18:58:55

On 31/03/2017 15:42, Eliot Lear wrote:
Hi,

On 3/31/17 9:18 AM, IAOC Chair wrote:
The IAOC remains committed to soliciting input on future IETF meeting
locations. With this mail, we are soliciting input on some potential IETF
locations, including one where we have met before, but for which conditions may
have changed.

Specifically, we seek community input on reasons we could not have a successful
meeting in any of the following cities, or of any limits to attendee
accessibility or inclusiveness that should be considered:

Ottawa
San Francisco
Austin, TX
Barcelona
Boston
Busan - looks expensive to get to
Calgary - also looks expensive to get to
Denver
Helsinki
Houston
New Orleans
Osaka
Philadelphia
Washington DC

To save everyone doing it, it would be good to show representative airfares and times from a major hub in Europe, East and West Coast, and Asia

I am sure cost and travel time will impact acceptability.

- Stewart