Re: IAOC requesting input on (potential) meeting cities

2017-03-31 12:00:17

On Mar 31, 2017, at 09:42, Eliot Lear <lear(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com> wrote:

That translates into concerns over San Francisco, Austin, Boston,
Denver, Houston, New Orleans, Philadelphia, and Washington DC.  I would
prefer, therefore, as alternatives, Calgary, Ottawa, Toronto, Montreal,
Quebec City, and Vancouver.

I agree. I know some people who failed to get their visa in time. I booked last
minute because I was waiting for the religious/racial ban to be suspended. I
don't know when I will be refused entry for not handing out passwords or pins.
I don't want to leave my laptop out of sight and I dont want to fly on planes
with a zillion lithium-ion batteries in the cargo hold.

The situation has been in constant flux and is unlikely to stabilize soon, so
we have no way of knowing the restrictions and limitations a year from now.

It is prudent to move the San Francisco meeting to outside the US.

Paul