Re: Update on feedback on US-based meetings, and IETF 102

2017-04-15 15:54:32
Hi all,

I’ve been pointed out in a private message that the last part of my sentence in
the message below, could be interpreted as a disparage of the education of
individuals in the IAOC.

I just want to apologize if somebody understood that, as it was clearly not my
intend. The mistake comes from the way we are used to say “falta de educación”
or “maleducado” in Spanish when somebody should have done something that he
promised and didn’t that, as it is the case, and instead I should have used
“impolite”.

This shows something that I believe most of the native English IETF
participants usually don’t realize when having discussion (I’m referring here
in general, also technical discussions) with non-native speakers, and how
difficult is for the others. Maybe we should switch to Chinese as the default
IETF language, or Spanish, as they have more speakers worldwide than English!

I’m still believe that IAOC attitude is not justified at all, and if we don’t
have answers from them by next Monday, we should consider a recall process.
Hopefully is not the case.

Regards,
Jordi