Re: [Int-area] Google Statistics for IPv6 adoption.

2017-04-15 16:21:18
Stats are always a reference, but if you look only to a single data set, you
will have a broken view.

Look at the data of the mobile operators in many countries, that only deliver
IPv6 connectivity, such as US, India, few EU countries, now Japan, or even
wireline providers in every continent of the world, that have IPv6 penetration
figures much higher than what Google average is showing.

For those that work every day deploying IPv6 since many years ago, we have seen
a trend change, the light at the end of the tunnel, already a few years ago.

Regards,
Jordi

-----Mensaje original-----
De: Int-area <int-area-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org> en nombre de Khaled Omar
<eng(_dot_)khaled(_dot_)omar(_at_)hotmail(_dot_)com>
Responder a: <eng(_dot_)khaled(_dot_)omar(_at_)hotmail(_dot_)com>
Fecha: sábado, 15 de abril de 2017, 19:52
Para: Christopher Morrow <morrowc(_dot_)lists(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com>
CC: "intarea-ads(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org" <intarea-ads(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>,
"int-area(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org" <int-area(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>,
"ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org" <ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>,
"intarea-chairs(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org" <intarea-chairs(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
Asunto: Re: [Int-area] Google Statistics for IPv6 adoption.

    Hi Christopher,

    'what was said earlier' - citation requested.

    What I said means that since I wrote the IPv10 I-D on Google blogger, I
wrote that the deployment of IPv6 is about 5% of the Internet traffic, and I
got responses from some IETF members Just claiming that this is a wrong
percentage and
     the real exceeds 60% and gave me some examples of mobile providers’
statistics.

    So, this Google statistics confirms what I had said earlier because I got
this percent from some online statistics that belongs to the IP address
assignment process.

    I would like to thank Google for the efforts made to make this measurements
and provide a respectful and real statistics that describes the recent
situation so we can make decisions based on it.

    Best Regards,

    Khaled Omar