Re: [Int-area] Google Statistics for IPv6 adoption.

2017-04-16 08:05:58
I agree that that was the plan (and it is in the medium term), but my response
is to Khaled specific point that seems to say (I understood that at least) that
only 15% can access (now) to IPv6-only.

Regards,
Jordi

-----Mensaje original-----
De: ietf <ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org> en nombre de
<otroan(_at_)employees(_dot_)org>
Responder a: <otroan(_at_)employees(_dot_)org>
Fecha: domingo, 16 de abril de 2017, 14:06
Para: <jordi(_dot_)palet(_at_)consulintel(_dot_)es>
CC: "intarea-ads(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org" <intarea-ads(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>,
"int-area(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org" <int-area(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>,
"ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org" <ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>,
"intarea-chairs(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org" <intarea-chairs(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
Asunto: Re: [Int-area] Google Statistics for IPv6 adoption.

    Jordi,

    > And actually, in general, nobody complains that any hosts in IPv4 is not
able to access resources at IPv6 hosts. This is why we have the transition
mechanism, that are being deployed in parallel to the IPv6 deployment.

    This is not true.
    The plan was for a short period where hosts were dual stack and then as
soon as IPv6 was everywhere, turn IPv4 off.
    That's not where we are. I would expect the number of  IPv6 only networks
and services to grow. Possibly without IPv4 support at all, or where the cost
and responsibility of legacy support will be pushed out towards the IPv4 only
users.

    > Nobody is so crazy to just deploy IPv6 and do not provide those
transition mechanisms.

    > If that happens, clearly is the fault of somebody that doesn’t know how
to do his job. This can happen exactly the same if your protocol becomes
approved and some folks don’t update their hosts or routers to comply with your
protocol, right?

    The transition has turned out to be a real pain.
    I understand the problem Khaled set out to solve.
    Unfortunately his solution is not practical nor deployable.
    And we have in fact tried many of the same flavours of solution before.
    Given Khaled's apparent non-interest in two-way communication I wouldn't
imagine any number of emails would help in that regard.

    Best regards,
    Ole

IPv4 is over
Are you ready for the new Internet ?
http://www.consulintel.es
The IPv6 Company

confidential. The information is intended to be for the use of the
individual(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient be aware that
information, including attached files, is prohibited.