Re: wireless geolocation

2017-06-07 10:33:52
On Wed, Jun 07, 2017 at 10:18:33AM -0500, David Farmer wrote:
On Wed, Jun 7, 2017 at 10:01 AM, Nico Williams
<nico(_at_)cryptonector(_dot_)com>
wrote:
On Wed, Jun 07, 2017 at 09:23:13AM +0200, Christian Huitema wrote:
Another argument for MAC Address randomization...

+1

Though that's likely to lead geoloc providers to use other methods over
which we'd have even less control.  But still, MAC address randomization
is a good thing all around.

How would Client MAC address randomization help this situation? I not aware
of APs implementing MAC address (BSSID) randomization.

Neither Christian nor I said "client".  We're arguing that all MAC
addresses should be randomized.  As for BSSIDs, I'm not sure randomizing
them on boot is a good idea, but certainly on install/reset.

Nico