Re: wireless geolocation

2017-06-07 16:28:00

Skickat från min iPhone

7 juni 2017 kl. 23:24 skrev Christopher Morrow
<morrowc(_dot_)lists(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com>:

On Wed, Jun 7, 2017 at 3:53 PM, Leif Johansson <leifj(_at_)mnt(_dot_)se>
wrote:

So to sum up:

"Here is a problem: ... "

"No its not and even if it was, its not a bug, its a feature and
besides you can turn it off in the settings and also we covered it
in 5 different working groups over the course of the last decade
and also email is broken and I like the way it worked in DOS."

Sounds about right?

Isn't the OP's question really:
  "GEO is not working well for conference organizers, users seem to actually
want it to work (despite protestations of even the OP, at times),  are there
folk on-list who would like to gather and discuss making the processing of
changes a bit more automagical?"

Yep

yes, some folk 'do not want to give up their privacy', and some folk want to
'order pizza near me'... welcome to the tubez dudez.

:-)