Re: wireless geolocation

2017-06-09 11:49:58

John Levine <johnl(_at_)taugh(_dot_)com> wrote:
    >>> So in classic IETF fashion, if this is something where someone wants
    >>> to start a wg or a BOF, it would be helpful if the scope of the
    >>> problem is very clearly defined.  :-)

    > Would it be useful to document the various ways the meeting network
    > gets geolocated so at least we have a reference for what's broken?

    > I'm thinking of an info RFC.

I think so.
    "A survey of failure cases for IP and BSSID based geolocation"
or maybe you can work in the word "Tragedy".
(cf: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/555377.The_Tragedy_of_the_Moon )

I wonder if AMS runs over roaving conferences and could provide contacts to
others...

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF(_at_)sandelman(_dot_)ca>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-