Re: remember incentives! Re: wireless geolocation

2017-06-08 13:24:54

On 2017-06-08 19:23, John Levine wrote:
In article <m2tw3qmrdz(_dot_)wl-randy(_at_)psg(_dot_)com> you write:
had a convo with a very large and well known cdn provider who uses ip
address based geoloc.  they actually go to the noc web site to check if
our address ranges have changed, where our next meeting will be, and set
their database accordingly.

i would like to make their life easier.

If there are geoloc providers who would like our updates, that would
be dandy.  But my impression is that the problem is that there are
many (or at least some large ones) that don't.

I didn't get that impression from the OP but maybe thats a topic for
a bar BoF... in Praha ... if we can find something close to the Loop.

        Cheers Leif