Re: I-D Action: draft-thomson-postel-was-wrong-01.txt

2017-06-14 15:50:51
On Wed, 14 Jun 2017, Joel M. Halpern wrote:

There are indeed contexts where an application calling attention to a problem is very useful. Silently ignoring things that indicate trouble is usually a mistake (although not always.)

I would be very unhappy to see us take the lesson from cases where we were sloppy to be that we should tell everyone to have their implementations break at the slightest error.

I fully agree. Postel's advise was and is good guidance. It is not a
dogma, and the reverse should also not become a dogma.

Paul