Re: I-D Action: draft-thomson-postel-was-wrong-01.txt

2017-06-26 15:08:52

On 6/26/2017 1:52 AM, Dearlove, Christopher (UK) wrote:
Explicitly reject vs silently ignore. I took the latter to be a an instance
of the latter
I'm guessing you meant "I took the former as an instance of the latter".
, because I meant explicit in terms of the specification, not the
implementation. Wording could obviously have been better. I could see
rejection being noisy, silent or somewhere in between.

I was working off your term "reject" - which is IMO quite different from
"ignore" (more than the difference between "explicitly" and "silently".

Reject usually means some other action is taken, e.g., requiring an
alert to the user, a change in the protocol state, or a response
protocol message.

Joe