Re: Why are we here? What are our goals?

2004-01-30 00:51:48

--On 2004-1-29 7:52 PM -0800 Adrian Hunsdon <axh(_at_)uniplex(_dot_)com> wrote:

I agree there are circumstances where anonymity may be acceptable but
in these cases it is most definitely not.

Prior art exists for "anonymous cash" transactions. In a three-way handshake, the seller can prove a buyer did, and the buyer can prove he paid, and both can remain anonymous, while still allowing an ombudsman to mediate disputes in the transaction. I would have to go dig for the references on this, but I'm sure Google would give everyone a head start. E-mail is a similar application, and I'm certain we can leverage off that prior art, although I'm also sure there are patent issues involved. It's still worth investigating, though.

--lyndon