Re: a few short notes

2004-02-01 15:00:10

At 17:49 01/02/2004, Chuq Von Rospach wrote:
Important point: as long as email is a store and forward mechanism, encrypting the transport makes little sense: encryption should be end-to-end.

to me, if there's any opportunity to cross a network in plain-text, the proposal is dead.

To me, if there's a requirement to add unnecessary complexity, the proposal is dead..

My toaster with 8kb ROM and 512 bytes RAM wants to email me to say my toast is browning nicely. Not a problem with SMTP, big problem with SSL, certificates, XML etc. ;-)

Paul                            VPOP3 - Internet Email Server/Gateway
support(_at_)pscs(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk                     http://www.pscs.co.uk/