Re: a few short notes

2004-02-02 06:53:10

On Sun, Feb 01, 2004 at 09:34:49PM +0000, Paul Smith wrote:

To me, if there's a requirement to add unnecessary complexity, the proposal
is dead..

My toaster with 8kb ROM and 512 bytes RAM wants to email me to say my toast
is browning nicely. Not a problem with SMTP, big problem with SSL,
certificates, XML etc. ;-)

When SMTP was first designed, it looked cumbersome.

The problem with XML is that it's an infant technology, and so it's only now
we're starting to get decent tools to work with it. A C program that can
parse and validate XML can be written in a dozen or so lines. It's just that
the current tools are bloated...

--
Paul Robinson