Re: a few short notes

2004-02-02 03:56:54

At 23:14 01/02/2004, Eric A. Hall wrote:
> My toaster with 8kb ROM and 512 bytes RAM wants to email me to say my
> toast is browning nicely. Not a problem with SMTP, big problem with
> SSL, certificates, XML etc. ;-)

I'm not really sure email would be the appropriate transport for that kind
of application. Email is most useful with time-insensitive applications.
Toast is not usually time-insensitive. :)

Drat! You mean you don't think I'm going to get many sales then? ;-(

Paul                            VPOP3 - Internet Email Server/Gateway
support(_at_)pscs(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk                     http://www.pscs.co.uk/