Re: Mail Cookies

2004-02-12 10:26:23

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 17:39:35 +0100 Hadmut Danisch
<hadmut(_at_)danisch(_dot_)de>
wrote:

On Thu, Feb 12, 2004 at 02:13:56PM +0000, John Berthels wrote:

If I understand correctly, you intend the cookie as a (semi-permanent)
instruction to the recipient's MUA to include the cookie in mails to your
address and/or your domain, in order to help "file" the response
efficiently at your end.

Yes, exactly. :-)

I wouldn't see this as a particularly good use of a powerful contextual
feature.   There are many tried and true ways of performing the same
function using alternative methods.   You could do it of course, but I
don't think that this use would justify the cost of the feature.

Integration with multistep workflow messaging would be a much more
interesting (and powerful) use of such a feature.

Cheers.
---
Steve Hole
Chief Technology Officer - Billing and Payment Systems
ACI Worldwide
<mailto:holes(_at_)ACIWorldwide(_dot_)com>
Phone: 780-424-4922