Re: Mail Cookies

2004-02-12 10:51:28

Those "cookies" will have to be signed to be considered for serious use.
Otherwise some (you all know who I'm referring to) may see it as looophole
and forge the cookies (even if user did not send them) to effect mail
routing or how the email is interpreted at recepient end..

I do see this kind of "cookie" mechanism as interesting idea though, not just
to be returned back to the sender to identify thread but to establish trust
relationship between users (whitelists of some kind) and digital record
of such "relationship" as well as for possible statistical use, for
marketing purposes to allow to measure and properly direct response and
for number of other reasons I can't immediatly see.

There may also be some use for non-returnable cookies (ok, maybe its not a
cookie any more then) to allow sender to push to recepient certain parameters
that would stay at recepient end and may be later reused for when additional
emails are received from the same user. However the kind of parameters
would have to be pretty well defined then ...