Re: [mail-vet-discuss] A-R hostnames, was message New draft for review

2007-05-29 17:40:49
Stepping back for a moment...is there any reason that the identifier
can't be 'icannhascheezburger' or some other nonsense, so long as the
internal network (and perhaps MUAs which connect to that internal
network) knows what to look for?

Within a given network the identifier doesn't matter, but I think it'd
be a good idea if the identifiers applied by different networks didn't
collide so my gateway scenario will work.

Something similar to the rules for generating a Message-ID should do
the trick, the name can be arbitrary so long as it's in a domain you
control.

R's,
John