Re: [mail-vet-discuss] New draft for review

2007-05-29 16:37:07
On 2007-05-29 16:10, SM wrote:

The other issue is that the MUA may be parsing that header only. If I have two accounts, one with example.com and the other with example.net, each with a different provider, My MUA would trust the mail.example.com and smtp.example.net identifiers. As the filter at mail.example.com would only remove any instance of a header with its identifier, a message coming through mail.example.com with an Authentication-Results: smtp.example.net header would be trusted.

It sounds like there will eventually need to be a way to communicate the list of trustworthy identifiers to MUAs, but I think that'd have to be a separate (and potentially much larger) project.

--
J.D. Falk, Anti-Spam Product Manager
Yahoo! Mail