Re: [mail-vet-discuss] Discussion of auth-header draft (fwd)

2008-10-10 15:18:40
Alexey Melnikov wrote:
I am still trying to get my head around this, but I am thinking that
defining a new ESMTP capability for "I provide authentication services
and strip bogus Authentication-Results header fields" would be a half
hour job, so why not do that?

My concern isn't that writing the draft is hard.  I'm more concerned
with the fact that getting MTA adoption of such a thing will take longer
than just saying the header should be DKIM-signed such that the MUA can
verify it's valid (or one of the other solutions that doesn't touch
other components).