Re: [mail-vet-discuss] Discussion of auth-header draft (fwd)

2008-10-10 15:22:03
Alexey Melnikov wrote:

But if the intention is that draft-kucherawy-sender-auth-esmtp-01 is the
mechanism for discovery, then the auth-header draft needs to be explicit
about that in the Security considerations section.

It's not, but I could craft one that is.  Right now it seems to me
what's being sought is a second draft, or perhaps a new section in this
one, which creates an ESMTP extension, an IMAP capability and a POP3
capability which support the facilities needed for discovery of the
authserv-id that's in use locally.

Do people think that would go in the header field draft, or should it be
on its own?