Re: [mail-vet-discuss] Discussion of auth-header draft (fwd)

2008-10-10 05:43:41
Charles Lindsey wrote:

The spec doesn't actually mandate either of these.  It sounds like the
IESG would likely want one or the other.

I would say the IESG are over-reacting a bit.

To be clear: I don't think IESG as a whole has expressed any opinion at
this point, so these are just speculations.

Actually, the best suggestion I have seen is that POP3/IMAP servers should
see to the matter. I realise that might not be easy for POP3, but IMAP is
already so bloated with extensions that another one would hardly be
noticed :-( .

:-)