Re: [mail-vet-discuss] Discussion of auth-header draft (fwd)

2008-10-09 18:14:58
Tony Hansen wrote:

The problem I see is that IMAP annotations are not yet widely
implemented. Getting an IMAP implementation to deploy a small capability
would be simpler than loading in all of annotations.

Others will need to chime in on the trade offs.

Is it a concern that the imapext working group will push back if I do
so, because this is exactly what RFC5257 was added to enable, rather
than adding a capability for every little thing?

But then it's experimental, so there's not much impetus to implement
it.  But maybe an Authentication-Results annotation will promote its
adoption.

I don't know which way to go here.  IMAP and its politics are definitely
not familiar enough to me to make that call.  What do others think?