Re: [mail-vet-discuss] Discussion of auth-header draft (fwd)

2008-10-09 15:50:34
Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:
Tony Hansen wrote:
We can write it up and see if it flies. Here's how it could look:

    IMAP
    x CAPABILITY
    x CAPABILITY Authentication-Results=isp.example.net
    x OK CAPABILITY completed

    POP3
    CAPA
    Authentication-Results=isp.example.net

I used the IMAP annotations method described in RFC257 in the draft I
made to cover this stuff in the IMAP case.  Was that the right thing to
do?  Alas, IMAP is not yet one of my strong suits.

The problem I see is that IMAP annotations are not yet widely
implemented. Getting an IMAP implementation to deploy a small capability
would be simpler than loading in all of annotations.

Others will need to chime in on the trade offs.

Does anyone know if POP3 has a similar annotation extension, or do I
need to make a new one?

No it doesn't. But it does have a CAPA command. :-)

        Tony