mhonarc-users

Re: Question on Errors

1996-04-12 17:07:18
Hello,

I am trying to install v1.2.1 and continue to get the error message below.

The directory is set to allow allow read/write/x for anyone but yet the .mhon
arc.lck file can't seem to be created. Here's the directory ...

  -rwxrwxrwx   1 daemon   webadmin    1108 Apr 12 17:18 .resource
  drwxrwxrwx   6 daemon   webadmin    8192 Apr 12 17:18 .
  ----------   1 daemon   webadmin       0 Apr 12 17:18 .mhonarc.lck

I have mhonarc being called via the aliases file as follows (all one line) ..

Delete the existing ".mhonarc.lck" file.  It appears one has been
left behind from an abnormal temrinated mhonarc process.  If a lock
file exists, mhonarc will try for awhile to lock it before it gives
up.  The amount of times it tries can be set via -locktries.

mmail:  "|/usr/local/bin/MHonArc121/mhonarc -add -quiet -rcfile        /clien
ts/staff/robertr/public_html/confs/DIS -
       outdir /clients/staff/robertr/public_html/confs/DIS"

From above, I see 2 problems:

        1.  The argument to -rcfile is a directory.
        2.  There is a newline/spaces between the "-" and "outdir".

Did cut-n-paste get mangled?

When I send mail to "mmail" the error is returned.

sh: 14929 Memory fault
554 "|/usr/local/bin/MHonArc121/mhonarc -add -quiet -outdir /clients/staff/ro
bertr/public_html/confs/DIS"... unknown mailer error 139

What version of Perl are you using?  I believe the key text is
"sh: 14929 Memory fault" which is generated from /bin/sh.

(Follow-ups to the list, please).

        --ewh