mhonarc-users

Re: Question on Errors

1996-04-15 13:22:01
  -rwxrwxrwx   1 daemon   webadmin    1108 Apr 12 17:18 .resource
  drwxrwxrwx   6 daemon   webadmin    8192 Apr 12 17:18 .
  ----------   1 daemon   webadmin       0 Apr 12 17:18 .mhonarc.lck

Delete the existing ".mhonarc.lck" file.  It appears one has been
left behind from an abnormal temrinated mhonarc process.  If a lock
file exists, mhonarc will try for awhile to lock it before it gives
up.  The amount of times it tries can be set via -locktries.

I tried that many times, each time removing the lock file. It gets
recreated just as before.  Same error message.
What version of Perl are you using?  I believe the key text is
"sh: 14929 Memory fault" which is generated from /bin/sh.

Here's what my Perl reports as version info ...

This is perl, version 4.0
$RCSfile: perl.c,v $$Revision: 4.0.1.8 $$Date: 1993/02/05 19:39:30 $
Patch level: 36

The problem appears to be a memory related.  If a memory error occurs,
there is no way for mhonarc to clean up since it will terminate
abnormally.

Try the command from a shell to see that everything works as expected.
Maybe there is a per process memory limitation taking effect when
invoking a processes via sendmail.

Can anybody experienced with sendmail help?

        --ewh

P.S.  What system are you using?  Just to double check, is the version
of Perl you listed the same perl that is pointed to in the #! line of
the (installed) mhonarc source.  There is a version of Perl 5 that
causes a core dump when when any command-line options are used.
v5.001m and v5.002 do not exhibit this problem.