mhonarc-users

Re: MIME Filters

1996-04-22 03:21:53
Ok. Well, that doesn't do what I want. Using a file named
"Questions.doc" to test it out, I get a link to a file called
"Questions.doc;" (notice the semicolon),

Did you use Eudora as mailer? I had the same problem, and succeeded
in editing mhexternal.pl to tweak away the semicolon.

and what's more the file is not
recognized by Word and can't be opened. What on earth have I forgotten ?
I've tried lots of things  such as for instance editing mhexternal.pl to
trim that darn semicolon out of the filename, to no avail... :-(

What version of Perl and MHonArc are you using? The version of MHonArc I
have (1.1.0?) does not work with Perl 5; MIME document encoding fails.
However, that has been fixed in 1.2.1.

Did you take a look at the output of MHonArc of what used to be your Word
document? Is it 7 bit ASCII, 8 bit binary, 6 bit base64 or something else?

Ulrich Kroener <ulrich(_at_)eiba(_dot_)com>

         E I B A s.c. - Av. de la Tanche 5, B-1160 Brussels
        tel.: +32 2 675 50 20 - fax: +32 2 675 50 28

***       the Number One in Home and Building Automation         ***
*** visit our Tech page at http://www.eiba.be/busguide/busg.htm ***