mhonarc-users

Re: MHonArc Segmentation Fault

1996-04-29 10:41:05
As I reported in an earlier message, MHonArc v1.2.1 and v1.2.2 produce
memory segmentation faults and core dumps on my OSF/1 v3.2 Digital Alpha
while v1.0 did not.

I just installed v1.2.2 on my Linux machine and it runs perfectly. (Both
systems use the same version and patch level of Perl.)

Has anyone been able to run v1.2.2 successfully on a Digital Alpha under OSF/
1?

There is probably a bug in the OSF/1 port of Perl.  Try running mhonarc
in debugging mode to see if you can isolate what statements are
causing the crash.  Of course, you will need some familiarity with
Perl to help in the debugging.

You may want to contact the Perl developers (anyone no the correct
mailing list? perl-porters?), and mention about the problem.  I
do not have access to a DEC alpha, and I do not know if anyone
else on this list does either.

Good luck,