mhonarc-users

mhonarc and procmail

1997-04-02 19:02:12
I'm setting up mhonarc and procmail for the first time.

I want procmail to filter messages from a mailing list and save them in a
directory. I want to use a daily cron job to have mhonarc process the
messages. (I figure it'll save CPU cycles if I do this daily and not for each
arriving message).

So what's the problem?

Procmail saves messages individually in a folder (with names like "msg.J9w3").

Mhonarc seems to only want to process a "mbox" file (messages appended in a
single file).

Do I need to change something in my .procmailrc file to get procmail to
append messages to a single mbox file?

Or how do I get mhonarc to process a folder full of individual messages?

Here's my mhonarc command:
/usr/local/bin/mhonarc /home/me/Mail/Some-list

Here's my .procmailrc file:

PATH=$HOME/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/ucb:/bin:/usr/local/bin:.
MAILDIR=$HOME/Mail
DEFAULT=$MAILDIR/mbox
LOGFILE=$MAILDIR/from
LOCKFILE=$HOME/.lockmail

:0              # Anything from Some-list
* ^To(_dot_)*Some-list(_at_)world(_dot_)std(_dot_)com
Some-list       # will go to $MAILDIR/Some-list

Thank you good people.

Daniel Kehoe
kehoe(_at_)fortuity(_dot_)com

* Fortuity Consulting, management services, consulting, and licensing
* Mailbots: info(_at_)fortuity(_dot_)com, info(_at_)onehour(_dot_)com,
info(_at_)bookfair(_dot_)com